Connected Communities Newswire  

Go Back   Connected Communities Newswire > Maryland Police Agencies > Maryland State

Maryland State Read Maryland State Police by LISTSERV or RSS

Old 12-16-2015, 03:23 PM
Editor

Default Maryland State Police Investigate Decomposed Body Found In Baltimore County

December 16, 2015

Maryland State Police Investigate
Decomposed Body Found In Baltimore County

(White Marsh, MD) Maryland State Police are investigating a severely decomposed body found on the side of the road in Baltimore County this morning.

A positive identification of the individual found has not yet been made. State Police homicide investigators are on the scene with Maryland State Police crime scene technicians.

At about 10:00 a.m. today, Maryland State Police received a 9-1-1 call from highway maintenance workers with a report of a dead body observed in a wooded area near the highway. Maryland state troopers from the JFK Highway Barrack responded, as did police officers from the Baltimore County Police Department.

The body was found about 30 feet from the highway, in the woods, on the eastbound ramp of Route 43 approaching southbound I-95 in White Marsh. Troopers summoned Maryland State Police crime scene technicians and investigators from the State Police Homicide Unit. The body is being transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore for an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death.

The eastbound ramp of Route 43 getting on to I-95 southbound will remain closed as Maryland State Police investigators continue this investigation. State Highway Administration responded to assist with the ramp closure. No further details are available at this time.

Eastbound Ramp of Route 43 Approaching Southbound I-95 in White Marsh"I-95 in Joppa